Chai Khana is a creative international media platform reaching women, rural communities, minority groups, and conflict-affected communities in the Caucasus. The issue-driven multimedia platform aims to give voice to the under-represented across the region, covering under-reported issues through human-focused storytelling.
Chai Khana publishes a new edition every other month on a unique issue or topic - from migration to the bazaar in the Caucasus, using creative and experimental approaches in documentary photography, multimedia, and film.
The name Chai Khana, or tea house, represents a symbolic, collective space where people come together to exchange stories, ideas, and experiences. The platform elevates this space to a new level, talking to people in the whole South Caucasus, beyond its many borders.
Chai Khana develops the skills of talented, young journalists through a unique mentorship programme, investing in the next generation of media professionals.
For general inquiries:
For partnerships or press inquiries:
For pitches and/or collaboration:
Nino Samkharadze, Executive Assistant
Impact Hub Tbilisi
8 Egnate Ninoshvili St, T'bilisi
Chai khana believes in the principle of free speech, so we do not censor the text of our materials unless they contain personally offensive terms. Taking into consideration the geographic coverage of Chai Khana’s network of reporters, materials may contain terms which are not favored by everyone in the region. It should be noted that the terms do not belong to Chai Khana, but to the reporter.
Chai Khana is seeking a Digital Communications Manager
For more information please see here.
Chai Khana is seeking interns
Internship period: March-May
The interns will have the benefit of working with a dynamic international team. You will get an ImpactHub Membership, where you will receive on-the-job training and mentorship. Interns will get a letter of recommendation at the end of the internship. Selected interns will receive a monthly stipend.
Applicants should have strong analytical skills, an interest in working with cross border projects, their first year of a Bachelors degree finished (minimum), an interest in digital communications and Social Media, strong attention to detail, and good understanding of internet trends.
· Monitoring mentions of Chai Khana materials, authors or the NGO on the Internet and file in a spreadsheet.
· Monitoring and researching potential republishing partners and assist in seeking new ones.
· Searching for festivals, competitions, and workshops which might increase the visibility of Chai Khana as well as that of its individual contributors.
· Assisting country managers in monitoring discussions on different platforms.
· Updating the republishing document weekly.
· Assisting the head of Digital Communications with management of social media channels.
· Assisting the head of Digital Communications in growing followers of different social media channels.
· Drafting Chai Khana’s monthly newsletter and OC Media’s bimonthly newsletter.
· Uploading materials for republishing on partners’ websites.
· Assisting Georgian Media Manager with putting subtitles on youtube videos.
Send a Letter of motivation (in English) addressed to Dodie Kharkheli, Head of Digital Communications of Chai Khana & OC Media, and your CV to the email: email@example.com